About Me

About Me
My name is Mrs. Rioux and I’m excited to be your kindergarten teacher! I love children & teaching & I especially love teaching kindergarten! I live with my husband, Rick & we have three children, Cody, 25, Brady, 22 & Cassidy, 18 and an 11 month old puppy, Sanibel. We love to hike, swim, paddle-board, play games, read and go on trips together! I'm looking forward to starting new adventures with you in kindergarten!

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Getting Our GROOVE On!

Students are already rocking out our routines! We had a very smooth transition from our bus line to the lockers, to sign-in and to our meeting rug. We practiced some new greetings and learning our friends' names.  We also learned that there are 3 ways to read a book: 
  1. Read the pictures
2. Read the words
3. Retell the story
                                                             
We practiced RETELLING the story today when we retold the story of Chester in The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.

We read over our team contract and hung it up in our classroom so we all know what's expected of us.

We read, Pete the Cat , I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin! We are working on a surprise class book to share with all of you where we are movin' and groovin' in our school shoes! 
 We had a lesson on drawing a person and then we all drew self-portraits and shared what we are "experts" at!

No comments:

Post a Comment